Crooked teeth can be very problematic for a very long time with issues that will progress daily if you do not take care of them immediately. Patients with crooked teeth are prone to chronic bad breath, face problems with cleaning, and gingivitis, which are the beginning stages of gum disease. If you are worried about the expense, please read below, and you will see that you will be saving money in the long run.
Problems Caused by Crooked Teeth
- Difficulty Cleaning Teeth
- Crooked teeth are harder to clean. Simple tasks like brushing and flossing are more difficult to complete when the teeth are crooked, misaligned, or overcrowded; this also creates a breeding ground for bacteria, which can lead to gum disease and tooth decay if left untreated. Addressing crooked teeth is more than just a cosmetic concern, its an oral health concern too.
- Jaw Pain
- Crooked teeth can affect the way your jaw and joints align. When the jaw is not properly aligned, it can lead to dysfunction in the temporomandibular joints (TMJ). Temporomandibular Disorder (TMD) can cause a slew of problems included headaches and very uncomfortable jaw pain.
- When your confidence is affected by the appearance of your teeth, you will wind up hiding your smile anytime you are given a chance to show your smile. Boost your confidence and your oral health by treating your crooked teeth.
- Oral Health
- It’s is not just your oral health that is at risk by leaving crooked teeth untreated. Your overall health is at risk too. Periodontal disease (Gum Disease) can become a very serious dental problem as well. It will be better to simply treat your crooked teeth before they before more of an issue.
Schedule An Appointment
If you would like to explore your treatment options at East Market Dental, contact our office to schedule a consultation. We welcome new and existing patients from communities around Centreville, Fairfax, Chantilly and Reston, VA. To request a consultation, call our office at (703) 291-0198 or request an appointment online.