Dr. Deborah K Johnson, D.D.S.
Board Certified Periodontist
Dr. Johnson completed a 25 year, tour of duty in the United States Naval Dental Corps, served as mentor for Periodontics and Exodontia at Great Lakes Naval Training Center and at the National Naval Dental Center in Bethesda, MD. Adjunct Clinical Professor, Naval Postgraduate Dental School, National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD from November 2003 - June 2006. Joined University of Minnesota School of Dentistry faculty as Clinical Associate Professor on retirement from the military on June 2006 till March 2020 and started Private practice thereafter.
Her practice areas are periodontal treatments, soft and hard tissue grafting, impacted extractions, Full mouth Implants, All on 4 Implants, Wisdom Teeth surgery and Sinus augmentations. Dr. Johnson has the certification for IV sedation from Dental Board of Virginia.
- Residency in Periodontology from Naval Postgraduate Dental School
- D.D.S. from University of North Carolina, 1981
- B.S. from North Carolina State University (Zoology), 1975
Awards & Recognition:
- Fellow, Academy of General Dentistry- July 1988
- Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal - 1992, 1997
- Navy Meritorious Service Medal-2006
Clinical Board Certifications:
- Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology